Sunday, May 04, 2008

Why Do I always have to think of a title?

First things first, thanks for all of the kind words of encouragement and support. It's really cool to see how people who don't know each other can support one another. So, thanks.
Now, remember, I'm not dead so here's what I did this week. I've decided that I'm going to be the best gosh darned swimmer that I possibly can this year. I'm still only swimming three times a week, but they will be more focused swims. Monday will be a 1000 yard time trial, with easy swimming afterwards. Wednesday is drill and sprint day. Friday is long distance day. I swam 2 miles this past friday and I plan to add .1 mile each week until I'm swimming 3 miles each friday. It's all part of the Bfitbday.com challenge I have set up for November. If you haven't signed up for it, click on the icon to the right.
Running notes: I ran my fastest 5K ever Wednesday night at 20:24. I still can't seem to get under 20, but I'm going to be working on that. I've got a goal of two months to burn 25 seconds off my time. We'll see how that goes. Saturday was a solid 10.5 miler with a buddy of mine. It was absolutely gorgeous out.
And yes, I did find my way onto the bike today (Sunday). I soooo mourn the loss of my cycling abilities. It's so sad to suck wind on a course that I used to burn it up on. Oh well, it was good to get out.
And tonight, OMG, was the Josh Ritter concert at Bottletree. This guy is way too big of a name to play at such a small venue, but I'm so glad that he did. Bottletree isn't much bigger than most people's garage. It fits maybe 150 people in it jammed packed. Ritter absolutely brought it tonight. It was a great way to end a great week. Now, off to bed to dream of Zipp wheels, powerbars, and wetsuits.
Bullet sends tailwinds to you all...

2 comments:

rocketpants said...

Glad to see you are still tearing up the running and the swimming.

Molly said...

I am glad you are back...I was starting to think your last post was a good bye of sorts.
Aquaman will emerge! Great 5K!
I will have to look up Ritter, never heard of him!
Take Care