Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Road Ahead


I really like this picture. While the nice curvy roads are fun in an enduro kind of way, there's nothing like getting out on the open road and just going. No thoughts, no worries. Just moving forward. I've enjoyed finding this moment during my last few runs when I can just zone out and concentrate on my breathing and on the sound of my feet. There's a peace there that's absent in the rest of my life right now. Like this picture, I'm looking ahead. There's nothing around me. No distractions. No phone calls. No emails. Just road.
I'm pacing. I'm pressing. I have a calling. It's to move.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Do you know where this photo was taken? I want to go there.

ZBUCK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZBUCK said...

Ok dude, that was below the belt. I don't see where you get off dragging a man's football team into it, especially when they are going through a tough time. We see how you are...the kind that kicks a man when he is down. Anyway, I am going to the Auburn/UT game and it has jsut moved to the top of my "games I want to win list!" It now is more important to me than Bama, Florida, or Georgia. I think I might call in that favor from God on this one!

Brent Buckner said...

Nice view, metaphoric and literal!

Crash said...

I'm back home slice...amd now it is on!

Crash said...

Dude - where have you gone? I'm making an effort to get back to blogging - don't make me go it alone!

chaco sandals said...

indeed it's a very nice picture...

Paul said...

So what happened? How is the family coming? It's been a while...

Find divorce lawyer said...

Yes, cool place! Peace and motivation to continue the race. I love it too.