Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tough Decision

Yesterday I was faced with a tough decision. One that I think if you ponder it, could actually decide how I see myself or how I want others to think of me. I was in CVS yesterday because I needed some shampoo and conditioner. Suave is a great brand: 1. because it's cheap 2. it gets the job done. 3. because it's cheap. (you see Al, other people can be a cheapo too). So the decision came up. Should I buy Cucumber Melon, Ocean Breeze, or Waterfall Mist? Tough decision. Right off the bat, I know I'm not the cucumber type. I like them on a salad, but not in my hair. So, I'm left with the beach or the mountains? Let's cut to the chase, just like my beer decisions, I head for the mountains. So now, my nappy hair is a little softer these days. Now if I can just work on this graying problem.
As for training, it's been pretty light this week. Lots of pool work, which has been good. To simulate an open water swim, I've been swimming with my eyes closed until I come up for air. I'm a little more confident with my swim now. The race this Saturday is just a 400 yard swim, so how off course could I get? The legs are still a little sore and a little weaker than I would like. I rode today, and they still aren't where I'd like them to be. I felt like they were fatiguing quickly. I have 2 more days to work the kinks out.
Hope all is well. Much love to all.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I personally like apple!

Crash said...

I don't know which is tougher - the shampoo decision or the fact that your in a race this weekend..right on top of the heels of your Half IM - your the studd!

Brian said...

Lets face it. Us Denton guys do have a problem with hair. Either it grays from an early age or it falls out...not to poke fun of uncle joe...lol. We should probably take stock in a good supply of Rogain (sp?) for future use. :)

Spokane Al said...

I don't worry about the color or the softness of my hair - I just wish a bit more would stay attached to my head.