Friday, July 27, 2007

A New Race on the Horizon

Earlier in the year, I completed my first Half Ironman. Despite my best efforts, I didn’t have the kind of performance that I was hoping for. I can attribute it to several things. All were within control and my own fault. After searching around for a while and discussing it with the wife, I’ve found another Half that will give me a chance to redeem myself. It’s the South Carolina Half Ironman on September 30th in Greenwood, SC.
This excites me to no end. While the time to hang up the aero bars for the season is just around the corner, I’ll be going out in style. I have two full months to prepare with only one little speed bump (a sprint) in the middle. These next two months will be focused on one distance and one distance only. It’s going to be beautiful.
I'm a little off on my training this week due to the race this past week, but I'm looking forward to getting back on track. I've only managed 1 swim, 1 run, and 2 rides. I have two long bricks this weekend. The plan for these is endurance and form, not speed. Hope all is well. Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Just can't let go!

rocketpants said...

Sounds like a fun way to end the season. Happy trainging

Molly said...

I will not be surprised when I am reading about you signing up for an ironman soon!

Take Care

Dances with Corgis said...

Awesome! You sound all zen'd (zenned?) out on this one... focused on "one distance and one distance only" Go get it, Matt! :)

Go out in style :)

Oly said...

I don't think any of us have our perfect race first time out at a new distance. It takes time to build/learn that syle of racing.

Looks like you have the mindset and the knowledge from your last 1/2 to kick some serious tail in this upcoming race.

Crash said...

crush it.

Paul said...

Sounds like a plan Matt. You'll kill that race. Don't let the speed go too much, it'll help your race a lot.