Friday, April 04, 2008

Keeping Austin Weird

This week I found myself in Austin, TX for work. It's my first trip to Austin, and I hope it's not my last. I have to thank Tri To Be Funny for her insight on a cool place to run down town. Austin has a lake (that looks like a river) that runs through downtown and has the coolest running trail along beside it. Thursday morning I took off for an early morning run down the trail with intentions on just enjoying the views and being outside. There were tons of people out running which in my eyes makes Austin that much cooler. I headed down a side trail and saw what appeared to be a guy urinating just off the trail. As I got closer, he wasn't urinating at all. He was "having relations" with a girl. Right there on the trail! WTH! I ran by quickly busting out laughing as the young couple quickly gathered up their clothes and sped off in their Firebird. It was 7:00 in the morning by the way. They were doing their best to keep Austin weird indeed.
The rest of the run was not as eventful, but itwas very enjoyable. I ran most of the trail and saw some wonderful sights. Looking to get out again today.
Tail winds....

3 comments:

Molly said...

Austin is one of the places I would love to go that I have never been.
There is an overlook about a mile from my parents house and I was running in High School and saw my friends car parked at the overlook and I went up to the window and saw him and a young lady butt naked (not a pretty sight)...loved giving him a hard time about that one!
Take Care

Crash said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately - However, it sounds like Austin is banging...and holly schnikes you got a bike. Way Cool.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn--I've never had that much luck on the trail!!! Glad you were able to enjoy the views :-)

Carrie