Sunday, April 13, 2008

Retreat to Guntersville State Park






Me lady and I took off to beautiful Lake Guntersville State Park this weekend for a leadership retreat with our church. The plan for the weekend was some good time spent with some peeps from the church and some time spent enjoying to great outdoors. So, of course I took my bike. I've spent a good bit of time riding in the Guntersville area for the AL state sprint championships and some other small local races, but I was looking forward to finding some new places to ride rather than the courses that I knew. I spun around the park for a while before I found this:


Sorry for the quality, but I don't have access to all the cool charts and graphs that grace these bloggy pages. This little ditty starts at 602 feet and climbs to 1134 feet in just over 2 miles. It's absolutely horrendous. I would like to tell you that I spent the better part of the afternoon doing hill repeats on this mutha but alas, I only ventured it once. And that was enough. I did do the back side descent, but that doesn't really count now does it. I exited the park for some sweet lake view rides through the tree covered back roads around the lake. It was a beautiful weekend and a beautiful ride.

Tailwinds.....

5 comments:

Bigun said...

awesome sunset!

Molly said...

What a picture!
Love guntersville...a family friend has a lake house there.
Take Care

Paul said...

Wow that looks awesome!! Nice get away!

Crash said...

New charts....cool pics...saaaweet.

faithrunner said...

Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place to be! I'm impressed with the charts!!