Saturday, September 22, 2007

1 Week To Go

I've been just about as absent from blogger for the past few weeks as Auburn's offense has been during the first few games of this young college football season. The only excuse I can offer for myself is that I've been fairly busy. This past week I visited the great city of Chicago for a work convention. I'd never spent much time in the city, especially not in the downtown area, and I can honestly say I was quite impressed. I heard several friends comment on just how clean everything looked. I had to agree. I went out for a run early one morning and found a sweet bike and running trail along the shore of the Great Lake. There were tons of runners and cyclists out getting their exercise in. For the most part, the bikes were beaters and only used as commuters, but I did see a few equipped with aero bars and racing wheels. I had to laugh at a few coming by with arm warmers on. It was no where near chilly enough for that. Maybe they were just a little over anxious for the coming fall weather?
I was lucky enough to stay in the beautiful Chicago Hilton. Other than being close to a the running trail, the Hilton's most impressive feature was their 3 lane swimming pool. Thank you! It's so rare to find one in a hotel so I took full advantage when I had time.
Now, I'm back in Birmingham with my feet propped up watching football. I have 1 week to go until the season ending Half Iron in SC. Tomorrow is my last long day on the bike and on the run. I'll go 3 hrs on the bike followed by a ten mile run. After that, it should be an easy week of staying loose and eating right.
Check back for the game plan.

3 comments:

Molly said...

TN has not been much better.

Hope you at least THOUGHT about going to a cubbies game.

Still waiting for your fashion advice!

Take Care

DV said...

Hey matt good luck this weekend. you've got the work done, now it's time to reap the rewards. Have fun and kick a*s!
D

Oly said...

I'm on game plan alert.