Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wanted: MOJO

So I've been a little awol from blogger for the better part of a week. Not a hiatus by any stretch of the imagination, but nonetheless, it's definitely been a break. Also missing have been my research on anything tri related, my constant planning for my next big brick, or my concerns for nutrition. It seems that I've lost of little bit of my drive, my excitement, or as super secret agent Austin Powers might say, Mojo.
I've got one race left to go, a half IM at the end of this month. The days are counting down quickly, although it still seems like forever away. My workouts have been fairly consistent but a little lackluster. It seems that everything that went right earlier this summer has suddenly decided to flip flop on me. Two flat tubes, 1 bent wheel, 1 cut tire, two blistered ankles, a cyclometer on the fritz, 1 infected ear (again!), and two tired legs. I know tired legs is common, but they just seem to be extra tired these days. In response, I've taken a few days off here and there to rest up. It seems to do the trick as my long training days after a rest day are always much stronger.
Along with these mechanical and physical issues, my desire just isn't what it used to be. It's coming down to the end of the season and to tell you the truth I'm ready for it. I'm ready to ride and run for the enjoyment of it. (Notice I didn't include swimming - although I sincerely doubt that I'll give it up over the off season).
BUT!, what I'm not ready to do is to put in a lackluster effort for my half IM. I'm still looking to score a PR so my training continues. I just need a little pick me up. A little Mojo. I'm on the hunt. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Paul said...

I hear ya brother. I'm so ready for the end of the season...I'm not sure if I'll make it too the end..But I'm already planning my stuff for next year...Something to do with a busted back...hang in there! Get those rest days so you come back charged up.

Donald said...

Off seasons are wonderful in some ways. I suspect you'll probably feel the mojo on race morning as the adrenaline starts to flow - and remind yourself that it's your last go for a while.

Oly said...

Stay focused, get your pr and then put the dawgs up.

Phil said...

Suck it up cupcake!

Be glad you got your flats and bent wheels out of the way and dealt with.

With one last big race to go - plan an epic brick workout, and then watch some ironmanlive.com coverage of IM Wisconsin this weekend. If that don't get your Mojo pumping... nothing will.

Brent Buckner said...

All the best for gritting your teeth and pushing through to the end!