Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Traveling Man

Tuesday 4:44 pm. (The phone rings and interrupts Matt from tweaking his fantasy team)
Matt: Hello
Client: Can you go to Sacramento?
Matt: (in head -SHEEEEEEEET!) Sure, what's going on?
Client: We need you to put on the superman cape. Do you still have it?
Matt: I think I have it, but it's a little loose. You see, I've been training for this Half IM this weekend and I've lost a little weight.
Client: So, can you be there tonight?
Matt: (SHEEEEEEEET!)
Client: Hello? Matt?
Matt: Yes, I'll get there as soon as possible.

Yeah, after being going to Chicago all of last week, I find myself flying the friendly skies again. Sacramento, CA on the eve of my final race for the year. Loving it. At least, Sacramento is a cool town. I had a little time this afternoon to check out the downtown area and found it quite attractive. I stumbled upon two bike shops which I give both two thumbs DOWN for not carrying 1 Tri bike. Not 1! Granted this is mainly a fat tire town so I can understand a little, but not 1? Come on.

Taper week has been good. Dedicated as always and fastidious in my nutrition plan for the week. Protein day sounds really cool, but it blows mad donkey chunks. I struggle with protein day, but I believe in the science and believe in the plan. The body has felt good all week. I was a little sore after Sunday's brick, but body feels loose and ready.

4 more days till the victory lap.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, that's crazy. All that traveling at the last minute! Good luck!!

Dances with Corgis said...

This post makes me very curious about your profession.