Sunday, September 30, 2007

South Carolina Half Ironman

Just a short version of the race report for now. I'll try to get a full one up a bit later.

I will point out that being well feed prior to and during the race today made the difference between this race the my prior 1/2 back in June. The result was being able to finish the run this time without walking the majority of the race. Today's result was a 5:29:30 finish which I'm pretty happy with. Back in June I posted a 5:49 due to a total meltdown on the run. This year I was a little smarter, and a lot more relaxed. I'm hurting a lot worse right now, but it was well worth it.

Lauren and I drove over to Charleston, SC for a few days to celebrate our TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY (which is Oct 1st). So, if time permits, I'll get a full report up later. Take care and thanks for reading.

9 comments:

Paul said...

Way to go!! Looking forward to the full report! Congrats on two years!! :)

JeffM said...

Congratulations! Good to end the season on a positive note.

Phil said...

Good job. Glad you're happy with your result. That's a great time.

Brent Buckner said...

Congratulations on the HIM, and happy anniversary!

Donald said...

Great race. Happy Anniversary.

ZBUCK said...

Sounds like an awesome race by you. Congrats and I can't wait for the full report. Congrats on the anniversary too!

Crash said...

Happy two year - and congrats on another HIM. Badd.ass.

Oly said...

20 min pr sweet.

DV said...

great job on the race, and congratulations to you both for the 2 years!