Friday, October 12, 2007

Off Season Update

Hello all, I writing to you today from my home town of Birmingham, AL for the first time in a month. I'm also heavily entrenched in the post-season and loving it. I've been out of town twice since my 1/2 on Sept 30th so I'm looking forward to enjoying a bit of normalcy to my schedule and life. The good news about traveling so much, I've had killed a number of hours in the hotel room, at the airport, and on an airplane reading to my heart's content.

I've managed just a couple of runs in the last two weeks due to traveling, but during each run I've had to turn it down a notch due to some pain in my calf. Don't know what that's all about, but it must be some lingering effects from the half. I'm looking forward to getting into a consistent work out routine during the fall and winter though. No doubt my workouts will be less focused and intense, but they won't be without cause. Hopefully, if all goes well I'll complete my first Marathon sometime in January or February. I'm excited about the prospect and will be making an attempt to qualify for Boston if not in this race then later in the year. We'll see how long I can keep that dream alive before I realize it's futility. You can dream right? I'm going to give it a go though.

On another note, it was 49 degrees this morning! Wow, is it time for the arm warmers yet?

2 comments:

JeffM said...

The way you run I think that's a very reachable goal! Take care of the calf.

rocketpants said...

If you don't dream, then you never know what you are capable of. Maybe this year, maybe not...maybe next year...maybe not...but if you dream about it long enough, and work as hard as you consistently do for your races, I think you can turn that dream into a goal and into an achievement.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky...if you don't try you won't ever know.