Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Moniker

I’ve been mulling this decision over in my head for the last few weeks. Maybe it’s the peer pressure of wanting to be just like the rest of you anonymous goofs out there, or it could be that I do become something outside of myself when I lace up for a race. Whatever the reason, I have decided to say good-bye to “Matt” and put him back in his place. From now on I will do my posts under the tag “Bullet.” I believe the moniker more aptly defines me as a triathlete rather than this Matt who so nicely blends in with society.

I’d like to give you a little comparison of Bullet and Matt so you can see why. Matt goes to work from 8-5, wears pressed shirts, and smiles when passing coworkers in the hall. Bullet gets up at 5 am to go work out, wears Pearl Izumi tri shorts, and smiles when passing the competition in a race. Matt shaves his face and keeps himself groomed. Bullet shaves his legs and grooms his bike. Matt is pleased at the end of the day if profits are up and customers are happy. Bullet is pleased at the end of the day if his times have dropped and the competition is crying. As you can see these two cannot co-exist on the same blog. Just like George Costanza flipping out over the mixing of Independent George and Relationship George, it’s time we separated the two. “A George divided against itself, Cannot Stand! “

So don’t be weirded out if you see the new name making comments on your posts. I’ll leave the big butt naked statue of Vulcan as my pic to help you make the connection. Matt still may show up from time to time as a guest to post on matters of faith or when something gets in his crawl about social justice or general bad behavior from the public.
But for the most part, this blog is about the pursuit of that finish line and will attempt to stay on that subject.

Thanks for reading and to all, Bullet sends tailwinds.

7 comments:

Donald said...

Wow, you've got an alter ego now ... you're like some kind of superhero! Now you need a sidekick and a theme song.

Go get 'em, Bullet.

Molly said...

MAN, I thought I had a new reader and it was just you...JUST KIDDING!

I had to learn the Applebees lesson the hard way.

hmmmm....wonder what my alter ego name would be?

Take Care

rocketpants said...

Alterego names are fun. A friend gave me mine and I just find it funny and a little bit of what I want to be in a triathlete. Welcome Bullet.

Carrie said...

What's faster than a speeding bullet?

I wondered who'd gained access to my blog when I got an email comment from "bullet" (but you gave it away when you said "Lauren").

DV said...

sh*t, no way i'll ever be faster than you now... ;) cheers, dv

Molly said...

Bullet
You have been taged
The Red Baron

momo said...

ooh, dual personalities! cool! :-) welcome to our little group, bullet.