Sunday, August 27, 2006

Brick Work


Saturday morning, I set out with BGillis to conduct a little brick work out. Short and sweet, we biked 8.5 miles and ran a little over 2 miles. Yeah, it wasn't much, but we do our best to push ourselves and treat this as a sprint more than anything else. With only one more sprint Tri left in my season, I'm focusing my training on being quick.

I absolutely love brick work outs. They kick my butt, and humble me to the core. My buddy BGillis is still new to Triathlons, but he's coming on strong. I know it won't be long before he's pushing me and threatening to pass me by. He's a good athlete, and a great friend. Training with a friend is hands down better than going solo. There's no way I'm going to let up with someone watching.

Saturday was also the first day in some new Tri Shorts. I'm going to have to say, while they fit fine and felt great during the race, they did a little damage that left me walk a little tender the rest of the way. Can you put body glide on your "boys"? Going to have to consider it.

Two weeks until Frantic Frog in Scottsboro. Feeling good and ready to see what I'm made of.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey sexy--I'm liking the photo!