Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Coach Found?

Today was a great day. What a begining right? I went back to work today after a four day stint at the beach. My wife's parents have a condo in Perdido, FL (Orange Beach for those from Alabama). Played some golf, ate some fish, caught some fish, and took plenty of naps. I only exercised (a four mile run) one day which is a low amount for me, but I was enjoying my naps too much. Well, as I mentioned, I had to go back to work today, but not before I hit the pool for some pre-work laps. Enjoyed every chlorine filled moment. There's something envigorating about swimming prior to work. I feel loose, stretched out, and alive. I believe I'm more productive too. Is it just swimming or just any workout. Don't really know as I usually bike and run after hours. After work, I boogied out to Oak Mtn State Park with BGillis and put a few miles in on the bike. Two disciplines in one day! Always a good thing, but not even the best thing of the day (that is outside of waking up and going to bed with my bride - in case she's reading this). I think I found a coach to help me train for Triathlons. Thus far, my idea of training for races consisted of getting the miles in or seeing how long I can endure a certain torture test. I've read about lactate thresholds and tapering, but it was all just to boring and more info than I had time to divulge into. So, with this guy, I'm looking for a training program that'll not only help me improve on my times, but will help me train smarter and more efficiently. I'm even toying with the idea of a half ironman next year. I've got a bunch of sprint and olympic distance races under my belt and it's time to move on to the next level. So, I'm pretty encouraged by the idea of it all. I've been a little depressed that tri season is winding down, but this will give me something to look forward to other than the winter months. 11 days until my Auburn Tigers kick off by the way.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was reading, so I do appreciate the nod!
And there is something else to look forward to in the winter months...si, grazie!