Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fat Tire Beer

Vegas has one redeeming factor, and I discovered it today. I was sitting at dinner with some clients and noticed a certain bottle pass by on a waiter's tray. Oh, could it be? It was. I spied a bottle of Fat Tire Beer. Oooh, the sweet nectar of the gods. It was a little too late in the dinner to order a beer. So after I made my exit, another connoisseur and I found a shop inside the hotel selling this particular brew. We bought two each and sat down and enjoyed every drop. If you've never tried Fat Tire or other beers by New Belgium, you're missing out. Make your way west of the Mississippi and find a bottle. I'm waiting patiently for New Belgium to start sending their beer east, but until then, I'll have to just enjoy these few times I'm out west.

I did get a good run in this morning. I ran down the Vegas strip. Even at 6:45 in the morning the city was full of exhaust fumes. I don't know if it's the lack of wind or the excessive amount of buses and taxis, but the fumes were disgusting. I saw a guy drinking a 40 ounce beer as he walked down the street. Was he starting his day or ending it? Way to early to be downing beer.

Ready to get back to B'ham to see my bride. She means everything to me.

No comments: