Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Being out of town and Feeling a little out of shape

So last week I was in Vegas. Nice restraunts, big catered lunches, sitting around discussing work, airports, yuk! I returned home on Thursday in time to kiss the wife and meet the guys at a sports bar for wings and beer. It's the first night of college football, and it had to be celebrated. Immediately following work on Friday, Lauren and I head down to Mobile, AL to see her folks. Cheeseburger and french fries was the meal for the night. The weekend consisted of watching football and more big meals, generally more than I would eat at home. Monday night we return home in time to meet some friends at a Mexican restaurant. Tuesday, we had a group over from church, spaghetti was on the menu. SO CRAP!!! Have I just been a freaking pig over the last 2 weeks. I feel like a blob. I promise we don't normally eat like this. Luckily, Lauren is a very good cook, but she is healthy cook. So I'm soooo looking forward to being at home and eating her cooking. Not being at home takes a toll on what you eat. I don't know what it is about being out of town that makes us (me) over indulge. It's also so much harder to get out and exercise. I always take my running shoes wherever I go, so I'm usually able to get a run in, but I really miss out on swimming, biking, and if you can't tell, eating healthy.

I have a race coming up this weekend. I've heard tapering is good before a race. Well, I have just pulled off the king of tapers. I've eaten like a pig and barely moved a muscle to burn any of it off. I should be well rested going into the race. I just hope that it doesn't kill me. I'm going to detox over the next few days. Oatmeal for bfast, salad for lunch. Thankfully, Lauren is cooking tomorrow night. Glad to be home.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We did eat a lot over the weekend. I guess that's why I felt so full all weekend. Too much food! We'll get back to normal since we'll be in town for a while (except for Friday night.)