Thursday, September 07, 2006

Drinking My Weight

Sounds a little devious doesn't it? Well, I'm not talking about beer, not even my precious Fat Tire Beer. What I am talking about is wonderful, life giving, crystal clear water. I did in fact finally sign up with a coach today to help me train for triathlons smarter and more efficiently. With two days to go before my race in Scottsboro he gave me a few pointers as far as nutrition. Today I am to consume protein, ehite protein such as fish, chicken, and eggs preferably. Secondly, he advised for me to drink my weight in water over the next 24 hours. WHAT??? Sounds crazy to me too. So, since noon I've lugging around my nalgene bottle downing water between trips to the bathroom. Between the hours of 1:30 and 5:30, I drank 64 ounzes of water and urinated 5 times. My feet hurt from burning up the carpet between my office and the potty down the hall. So far tonight, I've finished off another 40 or so ounzes. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to drink 180 lbs of water. I've only done 5 lbs so far. Really I think the point was for me to drink a lot of water so that I'm well hydrated for the race. I think I'm getting that now.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

When you're carrying around your nalgene bottle, just remember that couple who we giggle at sometimes because they're constantly slurping on water bottles everywhere.