Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mountain Lakes Triathlon and sleeping in a camper


This past weekend I competed in the Mountain Lakes Triathlon in Guntersville, AL. As I have mentioned before, this was to be a redeeming race for me. Believe it or not, it was. I finished quicker than my expectations. Top third. I have to admit, it came down to nutrition. I ate more before the race and was actually able to down a Gu packet during the bike. I have a renewed belief in myself and am ready to meet the next challenge. I'm definitely not satisfied with my time. The next race is in less than a month. I've got time to work on a few things, but I probably won't improve dramatically. I know I'll be prepared and have plenty of calories to push me through. Hopefully, this time I'll beat my 3 mile time from the last race. It's still the slowest leg of the race for me. So, Scottsboro's Frantic Frog, get ready.

Oh yeah, we stayed in my family's camper up at the lake. If you've never had the pleasure, count yourself as lucky. While it has all the aminities of a home, they're all crammed together in a small space. Lauren and I slept on a sleeper sofa each night. Not just a regular sleeper sofa, but a camper sleeper sofa. It's a little smaller and a little thinner. Cramped quarters and too many people make for a restless weekend. The redeeming factor was that I was with my family which is always fun. I just may have to enjoy their company while staying in a hotel next time.

No comments: