Saturday, August 05, 2006

Life Coach - striving to be better

I think I realized today that I need to be motivated. Not just in work or sports, but in all aspects of my life. I would really like to see what I could do if I was pushed. I'm a fairly motivated person as it is, but there is no real reason for me to push myself for any other reason than to please myself. In sports, I've noticed that among my friends it's usually me going "let's go, let's go". There's really no one to push me or ask me to train or work out harder. It's a simple reality. If you have someone relying on you, you tend to work harder to hit the goal. Whether it's getting up in the morning to meet someone rather than sleeping in because no one is there waiting on you, or running harder on the last mile because someone's on your tail about how slow you're going. As for work, I feel that I have to motivate myself. While we have company goals to meet, it's not a big deal to me (financially) if we hit them or not. There are other projects that I can work on to earn more money. There are no other co-workers that compete with me for #'s, so there's no competion to urge me on. What I'm getting at, it that I think I'd really benefit from a life coach. I need some direction and someone to motivate. I'm interested in seeing what I can do with a little push and encouragement. Setting goals isn't the problem, I need someone on my ass if I don't hit them.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi! Just figured out that I can leave a comment!

Anonymous said...

"I need some direction and someone to motivate."
I think you are ready to be a father.