Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Am That Guy

I am that guy that runs around the neighborhood in Tri-Shorts.
I am guy that's also wearing a bike jersey, because I just got off my bike.
I'm that guy in the office that smells a little like chlorine because I swam before work.
I'm that guy that is sweating a little in the afternoon because I ran hill repeats at lunch.
I'm that guy who brings cottage cheese and almonds to the office for snack.
I'm that guy drinking water instead of the blessed sweet tea at dinner.
I'm that guy that can't buy that latest flat screen TV or an XBOX 360 because I'm saving up for a new helmet and better rims.
I'm that guy that always has his bike in the back of his car.
I'm that guy who goes to the bathroom ten times a day because he's hydrating for a race.
I'm that guy at the pool with chain grease on his leg because I biked that morning.
I'm that guy drinking that weird powdery mix in the break room.

I'm also that guy negative splitting his miles in a race.
I'm also that guy passing you on the hills because I've done a thousand of them in the preseason.
I'm also that guy who's smiling and looking for more after the swim portion.
I'm also that guy with plenty in the tank after the bike portion.
I'm also that guy hitting his goals and making it all worth it.
I am a Triathlete. I am that guy.

7 comments:

David said...

Speechless except to say that I stopped wearing cologne because I have accepted the fact that I will always smell like chlorine.
Dude, you are an absolutely incredible writer.

Spokane Al said...

I hope to be that guy someday. Thanks for the great post.

Crash said...

ohhhh swweeettt tea. dang!

Wicked post brother. wicked.

ZBUCK said...

Great post man. That gets me kinda pumped up!

Lauren said...

This is awesome! I love seeing you come in the house after a hard bike or run looking wiped out but with a grin on your face. I love that you're doing what you love. (And I like the tri shorts!)

JeffM said...

Great post!
I think the chlorine becomes a signature smell after a while.

Fe-lady said...

and I am that gal, well, for some of those things anyway.... :-)
Great post!
I love it when my husband smells like chlorine...better than any aftershave!