Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Jersey and other gross stuff

I'm sorry if I offended any mobsters with that heading. I meant that I wanted to write about my new cycling jersey not the state. As for the gross stuff, more on that in a bit.
So yeah, I got a new jersey today. I've been sporting two "Discovery Team" jerseys for a while. One is from the 2006 season and the other is a cheap replica of the Malliot Jaune of the Tour de France. Don't ask why I just bought Discovery Team jerseys. I ask myself that question a lot. I look like I'm quite the team enthusiest. So to remedy that I logged on to my favorite discount store "eBay" and found a cool jersey. Oh Lookie.


It has several sponsors listed on there that I have no idea what they make. With my luck, there are probably some that make VD creams, condoms, or female products. I'm taking my chances.

As for the other gross stuff, this morning I went on a 38 mile ride with some local guys. The ride takes us through some pretty rural areas south of Bham. I was leading the pace line when up ahead I see something in the road. It's large and triangular. I motion to everyone that there was something in the road, so we all slowed down a bit to take a look. It was deer's head with it's spine and a few ribs. I've never seen anything like it before. No body to be found. I don't know if someone it the deer and separated it's body from it's head or if it fell of the back of some meat processor's truck. We were all utterly grossed out.

So my apologies to the state of New Jersey. After today's experience, I don't want to wake up to find a deer's head in my bed.

8 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Heh, whenever I take my bike over the GWB and bike in NJ, there actually is a TON of roadkill. It is an odd, New Jersian phenomina. And I was born in Jersey, so I'm allowed to make fun of it :)

rocketpants said...

cool jersey...but i'll just say "ewwwwwwwwww" about the rest.

Cliff said...

nastiest road kill ever.

JeffM said...

Cool jersey!
Do you have cougars or something like that there? You have panthers right? Maybe a panther got it.

TMckay said...

The only cougars we have hang out in the local bar....it was aliens, I'm telling you, ALIENS!!

Bullet said...

We do have panthers believe it or not, even a few black bears. But to tell you the truth I think the culprit is the Common Red-Necked Pecker Wood. It's known to inhabit Alabama and most of the South. It's extremely common in the rural parts of the South and frequents Nascar and Bass Masters events.

ZBUCK said...

Don't make fun of Bassmaster events, we just had the Bassmaster Classic up here in Huntsville!

New Jersey is gross, don't apologize for being honest.

So, am I to assume you have never cleaned a deer then? You want to see/smell something gross, just clean a deer that has been gut shot. Worst smell you will ever experience, except of course for Newark, New Jersey!

Crash said...

matt - thanks for the mental image. It still leaves the question "Who killed Bambi?"