Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Getty Up

Well, long time no post. Nothing too crazy to report. For the most part, I’ve been staying the course with my training. My distances are getting longer and longer. The really cool part about it all is that I can really tell a difference in my speed. This morning, as I promised I would, I set out to ride the Powerman course before work. As you will recall, the Powerman course is a hilly section of town. The course wore me out in the Duathlon earlier this year. Since posting a 19.4 mph avg during the race, I swore that I would ride the course at least once a month so I’d be better prepared for next year. Since then, I’ve ridden the course three times. I’ve been on it a lot more than due to incorporating it into other rides. So the first ride after the duathlon I avg 19.8. The second was 20.2. This morning, I killed it with a 20.6. I felt like it could have been a bit higher if traffic hadn’t stopped me 3 times, but I’ll take 20.6. Now, understand I didn’t have to run 5 miles first like I did in the race, but this is progress. I’ve found a few attack zones that aren’t as daunting as they may appear to the rider. Now I see why Lance rode so many sections of the Tour over and over during training.
Don’t forget!! May 19th is the Carbon Man Sprint Triathlon. I’m having to work out some kinks with the T-shirt design, but it’ll be up soon for ordering.
I’m back in the pool today for lunch. Gotta work on that tan you know?

2 comments:

Neese said...

don't forget your spray on sunblock!!

Dances with Corgis said...

I loooove swiming in outdoor pools.

Did you really try the tuna shake?