Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Favorite Product of the Month Award





From time to time I realize how much I appreciate a certain product. In the past, I’ve listed a few of my favorite things about triathlons, and at some point I need to make a list just of my favorite products. The product that is the recipient of this outpouring of love is none other than my Headsweats headband.




I know my wife has a smile on her face right at this very moment as she’s reading this because the story of me and this headband wasn’t always one filled with such amorous affection. You see I first met the Headsweats headband Christmas morning. Lauren had lovingly put one in my stocking. Being the loving and grateful husband that I am, I scoffed at the headband thinking I’d never need it or use it. Headband? Who wears a headband? Those went out of style with John McEnroe and leg warmers. With permission, I returned the headband to the bike shop.
Fast forward 4 months. – It’s hot. I’m a sweater. I find myself constantly having to wipe the sweat off of my face and my shades. My Tifosi’s become useless with sweat streaming down the lenses. It’s such a pain. Sometimes, I would just go without shades because the sweat was so bad. So I broke down and bought the headband again, and you know what? It worked like a charm. No more sweat in the eyes. No more stopping to clean my shades. I may look like a dork (which who actually looks cool in a cycling helmet?), but I can see. So my product of the month award goes to Headsweats headband. Oh and as for my wife, she was more than kind after she found out I bought another headband. She only told me ‘I told you so’ twice.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

See, I know you so well! You just gotta trust me. ;)

Bullet said...

Make that 3 I told you so's.

Molly said...

:)

Pretty funny!

DV said...

they always know best...

always.

Molly said...

After my run yesterday I looked like I had been running in the rain...I think I need one of these...where can I get one?

Crash said...

I have a similar one..it's rad!

Dances with Corgis said...

Requesting modeling pics of said headband. :)

Neese said...

yes, modeling photos necessary!
lol @ the "I told you so" scenerio, we know it very well in our home!