Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crewd Thoughts on a Tuesday

For the last couple of weeks the weather has been just absolutely gorgeous. Visually, it's still nice to look at, but for some reason the temps have dropped back down into the 50's with lows in the 30's. It's not what we'd call a typical Alabama March. I'm ready for some humidity already.
Training has been going quite well. The only problem is nutrition keeps getting in the way. I'll call that the Easter fat boy blues. Just like clock work, when family gets together, the over indulging begins. We spent the weekend in beautiful Mobile with LKD's family for Easter. I played a little golf and drank a lot of beer. Good beer mind you. The healthy kind right? God love it all. But the most disheartening thing of it all was the terrible urge to keep feeding my pie hole. Over and over all weekend. So this week my hopes are to return to a bit of normalcy with proper nutrition and limited beers.
Yesterday was a strength training session at the gym. I still notice a stark difference in strength in my left leg vs my right. Don't know if I've favored my right leg over the years, but it's considerably stronger. My hope over all is to continue with light weight and high weight sets to focus more on endurance strength rather than bulk strength.
This morning I made it to the pool to find that one of the heaters was out thus leaving the pool at a cool 78 degrees. I managed to throw down 3000 yards in a slow 53:36. Not race pace, but I just wanted to feel the distance and continue to build endurance.
This weekend is a training race for Powerman Alabama (8K run, 50K bike, 8K run). I'm looking forward to putting my training to the test a bit on a non-stressful event.
There's some big news coming down the pipeline in the next few days. More to come.

Tailwinds....

4 comments:

Molly said...

This weather is crazy...we have the same thing going on here! My flowers started budding so I have had to cover them with sheets every night!

Keep up the good work!

Paul said...

So hard to put down the beers, I know!! good luck with the training race, sounds like a good time.

rocketpants said...

Good luck getting it all back on track. Always tough after a holiday. Sounds like the training is going well.

Oly said...

As i drink a beer and get ready to feed my "pie hole" I say to you, have a great traing race this weekend.