Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mid Week Update

Just a few numbers to throw at you. Monday was a recovery day of sorts after Sunday's long brick. Just a little time on elliptical machine and some weights. Tuesday was spent in the pool with a new PR for the mile in ~30 minutes. I'm slowing but surely trying to ramp up the distance and speed. I can still feel fatigue setting in during the last part of that swim. Wednesday started out just awful. I had a limited amount of time in the gym before work so I decided to get on the elliptical and keep the HR around 140 bpm. After 20 minutes I still couldn't get into my zone. My HR was still too low. I tried ramping up the speed and resistance, but at that point it was worthless. Still pissed off about the morning's workout, I took off after work for a 5 mile run and hit my second PR of the week with a 33:48. Maybe I am getting my speed back after all.
This morning I met Daniel at the Y at 5 am for a swim analysis. We video tapped our swim strokes so hopefully we can analyze it and see where we need to make the changes. We did a quick 1000 meters in 17:57 followed by 5 sets of 50 sprints and 3,5,7,5,3 breathing sets on 50's. It's short in yardage but a great workout.
I'm loving this time change by the way. It's now light until around 7! Bring on Spring!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Loving the time change too...it is nice to have extra time to get out and about. Going to be in the mid 70s here today too...NICE!
Great Work!
Take Care

Paul said...

Watching yourself swim is enlightening!! Hopefully it will help

rocketpants said...

Nice work! Enjoy the longer evenings...definitely a plus.

Oly said...

Spring forward. In the pool, on the bike, on the run and in life.