Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm So Freaking Slow!

I guess my focus the last few months has been more on getting the laps in rather than making sure that I kept up any resemblance of speed. My lap time in the pool right now is Pathetic. That's right, a capital "P." This morning I warmed up with a easy 500 then followed that with some breathing exercises. Then, I tried my hand at doing 50's on 1 minute. Last year, the goal was to keep my 50's under 35 seconds. This year, I'm struggling to keep them under 40. Oh, and they sucked too. I've gotta say though, I'm still loving the pool despite my slow times. This is totally different from my relationship with the pool last year. I've actually enjoyed it. Maybe it's because we're spending more time with each other now. Or maybe, it's because I haven't been working on speed like I should so it's been too easy. Probably a little of both.

Don't forget, big HUGE news coming in the next day or so. This blog is about to get X rated! Hint hint! (no, this doesn't mean I'm signing up for the Serbian Nude Sprint Triathlon)

5 comments:

rocketpants said...

"keeping your 50s under 35 seconds...or 40 seconds..." I wish that was slow in my book. But then again if I moved any slower in the pool I'd just sink to the bottom. I'm sure you'll get that speed back.

Donald said...

Yeah ... 40 second 50s are still pretty fast. Does that mean you leave on the 45? Those are tough.

Can't wait for the news.

Bullet said...

I swim a 50 all out then leave on 60. So if I swim in 40 seconds, I have 20 seconds to rest. My biggest problem last year, was endurance in the water really. I'm going to try and incorporate the two now.

Molly said...

That sounds fast to me!
Wow...you are really dangling the carrot now!
I linked to your blog a few days ago. As I mentioned then your first 10 minutes post really reminded me to just get up and get going!
Take Care

Oly said...

Bring on the X!