Sunday, March 02, 2008

I WILL.... (The Nutritional Version)

1. Swear off french fries, potato chips, other foods that come in a bag or from a restraunt with a mascot.

2. Eat protein and a healthy carb 30 minutes after my morning workout.

3. Drink 32 ounces of water before noon.

4. Swear off cokes and sweet tea except on the weekends (understand that in Southern lingo, "coke" means soda or pop, and also that giving up sweet tea is down right sacrilegious)

5. Stop eating when I've had enough rather than when I'm stuffed.

6. Start eating more salads for lunch.

7. Substitute more chicken and pork for beef.

8. Swear off all white bread.

9. Drink more during long rides and runs.

10. Continue to find ways to eat smarter.

4 comments:

rocketpants said...

Good resolutions. A *great* carb/protein post workout is chocolate milk. I'm sure you have heard it. But it has the 5:1 ratio of carbs to protein...and it is yummy.

Molly said...

Nice.
I hae problems with water in the morning too. I usualy get my 8 glasses in, 7 after lunch. And I KNOW I would be 10 pounds lighter if I would learn what full means and stop then.
Thanks for voting for Koz!
Take Care!

ZBUCK said...

Great tips. I am going to try an implement those myself.

Donald said...

Oh, man ... sweet tea. That must be the Devil's Potion. I remember how addictive those things were from a few years in Carolina.

The guidelines look good.