Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So far so good...

This has started off pretty well with my training. I did my ride Monday morning. I actually found a better route that allows me to push it a bit harder thus getting in a few more miles. Man, I love early morning rides. The intervals after work were tough. Luckily BGillis joined me. Can't beat training with friends. Weights on Tuesday - so, so. Doing this more to stay a little muscular. I still have some weight to drop, so I don't want to bulk up too much. I used to believe in bigger weights, now I just do low weights and high reps. BGillis and I ran about 5 miles tonight. 8 min per mile pace. Tomorrow weights and a bike test with the trainer. Lactate Threshhold mumbo jumbo. It's gonna suck. The Vulcan 10k run is in a few weeks, so I'm focusing on that right now. Would love to push the lower 40's. Gonna take some work.

3 comments:

ZBUCK said...

Matt, Where did you find this trainer? Is he strictly a endurance/multi sport trainer or just an overall personal trainer? I think that might be exactly what I need to get me over this hump.

Lauren said...

Don't drop too much more weight--you just bought your sexy new jeans!

Bullet said...

Buck,
I first heard about him at a bike shop in Homewood. I picked up one of his cards at Mtn Lakes. His specialty is Tri's and endurance races. Check him out at transitionsmultisport.com. Had a bike test with him tonight. He kicked my butt. He works out of Homewood as well, but does most of his training via email and phone. Give him a shout.