Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday Morning Ride

I failed to get any exercise in yesterday, other than work around the house, so this morning I made myself get up for a ride. I left around 7:15. The sun was out and it had to be 64 degrees or so. Perfect. I don't have the best gear for riding in chilly weather but I made due. It felt great to get out and pound the peddles. The hills were a little tough this morning, but I was able to open it up at a good speed on the flats. I can tell that I'm getting stronger and more efficient with my strokes. I have to keep going through the drills in my head. Makes a big difference. There may be some juice left in the legs today for a jog with the dog. He wears down really quickly so it won't be too long. I love this time of year.

2 comments:

ZBUCK said...

I talked to Tracy last Friday and he sounds really good. I am going to call him back today so we can have a more in-depth talk. What package did you get? Do you feel like it is worth it so far?

Bullet said...

So far I've been really encouraged by Tracy's help and advice. I'm finishing up my benchmarching which has been totally worth it. Tracy has a good deal of knowledge and can help athletes of all levels. The session on fitting my bike has helped tremendously. I'm in a more aero position. I can breathe better and I'm turning more power. The swim training was a blast too. He's giving me some really good pointers which will definitely help me be more efficient. I have one more swim assessment to go then I'll start getting the weekly training from him. Tracy's great to talk to and easy to take instruction from. There doesn't seem to be any ego in his teaching which I appreciate. It's all about the student.