Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend Events

This weekend, Lauren and I took off for the Loveliest Village on the Plains, Auburn, AL, for the Auburn/Florida game. We met Lauren's family for an day of tailgaiting. I think I ate about 30 chicken nuggets and way too many brownies. Man, I love tailgaiting food, but it'll kill you nutritionally. Mix all that in with a few beers and you've killed your whole week of training. I've been detoxing all day. I've sworn off junk food for a few days as a result. Nonetheless, it was an amazing day. Auburn somehow pulled off a win against the #2 team in the nation with an unrelentless defense. I've been to a lot of games, but this time the crowd was louder than I've ever heard. The 87,451 fans on hand in the stadium had to play a part in the total dismantling of the highly touted Florida offense.
We came home early enough for me to get a good run in before dark. I took it easy and just enjoyed getting the miles. I'm finding that I run really well at the 7:45+ pace. Not too much of a struggle to maintain that pace over 5 miles or so. It seems where the effort comes is in getting it around the 7:15 - 7:30 range. I still would like to get under that and I think I will if I can continue my speed work on the track. With that being said and since it worked well last time, here are my training goals for the week:
Monday - light weights and core in the am with speed work at track after work.
Tuesday - 20+ miles on bike before work
Wednesday - off
Thursday - Run 5.3 mi loop for time - beat previous time of 38:40
Friday - off/ weights?
Saturday - Red Eye Run - 10K
Sunday - 30 mile ride

2 comments:

Bullet said...

Just came up with this on my on. I still have one more session of my assessment to go with Tracy. I plan on getting with him on setting a training schedule after I'm done through the online deal. I'm interested to see what you are doing with Tracy. You're gonna love working with him. You'll feel like an animal once he's done with you.

ZBUCK said...

Yeah, I am doing the same thing. Going to start my assessments on Friday with the swim and bike, then do the run another day. I am going to do the online stuff for 3 months and see how I like it. I will start posting on my blog again, once I get going on my training, so you can see what I think about it there.