Friday, February 02, 2007

Back in the Pool and Camping. What?


Well, I was back in the pool this morning for 2000 m. I didn't know how it'd go, but after pretty much taking the last two days off, I was anxious to push myself again. Here are the stats:
1000 m - 17:02
500 m - 7:52
300 m 4:46
200 m 3:02
Not too terribly bad. It wasn't my fastest 1000 m, but I was happy with the other times. I beat my previous week's 500 m by 22 seconds, the 300 m by 3 seconds, and the 200 m by 6 seconds. I'll take that.
As for the camping, I'm headed to the woods this weekend to "live deliberately" per Mr. Thoreau. Camping and hiking were my first big interest prior to this wonderful sport called Triathlon. Nothing too exciting, just some friends hanging around a campfire eating meat and being men. Both of the guys I'm going with are having a rough stretch around the house and desperately need some time away. I'm glad I can fill that need and be a little selfish by enjoying myself too.
By the way, I hate hate hate "office" coffee. It's not doing the trick this morning.

5 comments:

Crash said...

nice swim times - enjoy the camping trip. And I'm not a fan of office coffee either - but like the dark side I'm drawn to it.

Spokane Al said...

Your swim times are impressive and your camping trip sounds like a great reason to get away for a couple of days.

JeffM said...

Man- I'm in awe of those swim times! Have fun camping.

DV said...

Thanks for visiting... Was Music city fence, not BB, although team-magic just-the-same. never tri'ed BB, althogh i'm going this year if all works out.
Hope camping was fun - ugh, it was a bit on the cold side, eh?

Lauren said...

Yep, my husband is a stud.