Friday, April 20, 2007

Don't Piss Him Off!


Look at this guy! Do you want to get in his way? Let me introduce Coach to you. He's an animal. You see that look on his face? He's struggling, but he's fighting. Do you have this in you? His focus is on his goal. This past week, his goal was a strong finish at the Whistlestop Duathlon. He did just that. 13th OA and 3rd in his age group. I won't tell you what age group that is as it might have some repercussions.

Other than providing me with daily training help, Coach has given me nutritional advice as well as thoughts on race strategy. I'm currently getting ready for tomorrow's Sprint Tri in Scottsboro, AL. Given the short distance of the race tomorrow, it'll more than likely be an all out, full throttle effort. After a talk with Coach today, I believe he's given me a key to being able to sustain that all out effort longer over the course of the race. It's going to be fun tomorrow to see where it all plays out at the end.

Also, I'm going up to Huntsville tonight to meet the man himself, ZBuck. Despite our frequent lauding of one another, I've never met my fellow blogger. He's doing the race tomorrow as well and will no doubt leave everybody wondering how a Clydesdale can move so fast. So game faces are on from now on. It's go time!


4 comments:

Crash said...

good luck with the race - and full throttle is always good!

David said...

Crap! That picture of you to the right would have been so much better on the Transitions site! Don't know if you care, but if you do I can change it if you want. Let me know. Good luck tomorrow man!

JeffM said...

Good luck with the Sprint tri- Full Throtle!! That's a great picture on the right.

TMckay said...

HA!!! Your face turns twisty like that when you get saddle sores too....
BTW: Im 40 - 45 age grp

Thanks for the props
- Coach