Tuesday, April 03, 2007

O Canada - Why doth thou request my presence?



So hello from Toronto. It's not quite as sunny and bright as this picture would have you believe. In fact, it's nasty, rainy, and cold - more so than any Alabamian should have to endure.

I'm up here for work for a few days. Nonetheless, I am relentless in my pursuit to not miss out on training. I made it out on the road this morning before my flight left B'ham. It was actually a great ride. I went out to the Powerman course again to familiarize myself with the course. I want to know when to push it and when to sit back and small ring it. I'm feeling better about the race than I did previously. My brick on Sunday had a lot to do with that. Tomorrow, I'll be getting up a little earlier than I need to for a morning jog. We'll see what this town looks like from foot.

I did visit the CN Tower while I was here. I had dinner at the top which had an incredible view of the city and the "lake." Somehow I ended up sneaking into the Skydome where the Blue Jays play. I just walked around like I knew what I was doing. Off to bed now to rest up for more adventures. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Awesome! I went to Toronto about two years ago with my high school choir and we went to the CN Tower also. We also got to go to Niagara Falls and other places around Toronto. If you get a chance while you are up there, check out their mall place there. I forget what it is called, but there is a HUGE mall there that has some pretty cool shops (even though i'm not the shopping type, it was pretty cool). Be safe and have fun!

Crash said...

you ever see "strange brew"? I'm thinking you need a brewery tour.

Dances with Corgis said...

Running around a city is one of my absolute favorite ways to see it! Good job trying to get in all the training on your trip, I am often faced with the same situation.

ZBUCK said...

Sounds like a good trip. Do you want an update on the beautiful, watm weather down here in Alabama? Actually, nevermind, it might make you jealous to know that it is about 80 and sunny for my run tonight, so I won't tell you about it. Have a good trip!