Monday, April 16, 2007

Time to move on and turn it up a notch


Powerman is over. Done. In the past. I've rested. I've stretched. And I've eaten like only a fat kid knows how. I'm ready to go again.

Other than this fine race T I'm sporting (good job Race Guy!), I'll take away a few lessons from this weekend. #1. It looks like I need to get on Acid Zapper. Apparently, it's the rage, and I've had my head in the dirt while everyone has been reaping the benefits. #2. My goal is to ride the Powerman course at least once a month to improve my time. And lastly #3. I'm ready to turn up the intensity in my training. I witnessed some spectacular athletic performances on Sunday. These guys were out of your mind good. I want to know what that feels like. I'm ready to join them and toe the line.
My next race is this Saturday. It's a small local Tri that's actually run in reverse. My man ZBUCK is in as well. I'm trying to talk a few of my fellow B'hamians into joining me (come on you know you want to!). That goes for everyone in our little Southeastern group of bloggers. If you're within driving distance of Scottsboro, AL come on down and let's have some fun.
Lastly, tell your friends, family etc that you love them today. There are families in VA and across the nation today dealing with the terrible tragedy that occurred at VA Tech. I will be praying for the families who lost loved ones and those that are recovering their injuries.


5 comments:

JeffM said...

Amen to the letting everyone know you love them!
200 yard swim at the end- with your swim speed you'll barely warm up before it's over. Good luck.
Don't know what Acid Zapper is.

David said...

I hear ya man. Powerman was only a training race. We've got a half ironman that's just over the horizon. I'm definitely not done with the Powerman course. I am still going to train on it for all of my upcoming races. Time to turn it up.

On a side note, I'm on Acid Zapper. I can't say enough about it. It's hard to explain but it just makes the burning sensation much more managable. It still hurts but just not as much. It has definitely allowed me to push SO much harder; especially on the bike. I highly recommend it. I'm sure Tracy has some samples for you.

Crash said...

let me know how the Acid Zapper experiment goes.

Dances with Corgis said...

I like the aspect of the reverse tri. Is there any specific reason, or are they just trying to mix it up a little?

Turn it up, Matt!

Bullet said...

I really have no idea. I can appreciate it though as I won't be freezing when I get on the bike!