Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Two Tough Days

Wow, could it get any hotter here? The last two days have been oppressively hot. Hot as in full on humidity and 98 degrees hot. I was out last night installing my new bike rack and the temp on my truck said 99. I'm not sure if that's accurate as it was about 8:30 at night, but you get the picture.
Monday, I do believe I was possessed by someone else for my swim. I made it over to the gym at lunch and knocked out 2000 consecutive yards at race pace. Don't know how or why I did it, but it felt great. As I mentioned to some of you in the past, I've been at war with swimming this year. I've hated it like the Middle East hates peace. Now I love it like a fat kid loves cake. Going back after it today for some intervals.
Tuesday started out with an easy hour run and ended with the Tuesday night group ride from Homewood. There was nothing easy about this ride. Somehow I missed the group and ended up riding with another Age Grouper who's preparing for IMKY. The dude was a beast. He was easily 42 or so and kicking my tail on the bike. It was impressive to watch. After the long run and hard ride, my legs were toast and ready to rest. Powerbar's recovery drink and an ice bath did wonders to aid my recovery.
Despite all of that, my highlight of the day was meeting up with ZBuck for lunch. We met over at DREAMLAND for some 'healthy' ribs and sweet tea. It's always good to hang with that guy.
This weekend is Alabama's USAT Sprint Championship in Guntersville. The race sells out each year with about 890 participants and all the big boys show up. Should be a fun event, but it's going to be freaking hot! This is my last sprint of the year so looking forward to going out hard.
Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

rocketpants said...

Sounds like some good training you are getting in despite the insanely hot weather. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Spandex King said...

Just for the record. 42 is not that old!!!

Paul said...

Man I could use some good ribs. I need to find a good BBQ place out here. There just aren't any where I live. When I was running last night I was spacing out and thinking about ribs and I came a few inches from stepping on a rattlesnake. Dangerous I tell you.

Good luck this weekend!!!

Donald said...

Anyone who drops 50 Cent lyrics into a post has my respect. Nice going!

Oly said...

Yall southerners need to market sweet tea as an energy drink for the masses. Tri-tea!

I'm just saying it could be your ticket to financial feedom.

Have a great race this weekend, I'll be lookin for a report.

DV said...

yesterday about 230 the pool was 96... Ninety.Six.degrees... in the water.
RIDICULOUS!!!

103 high today plus the humidity? i'm staying my a** indoors!