Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Shoes and an update

Thanks for all of the helpful advice on the power gels and the energy drinks. I'm going to try them all soon and give you my thoughts with a grade for each one.

Tuesday I broke down and purchased some new shoes. I've been hearing a lot about the new Asics 2120s, so I decided to give them a try. I did my first run in them last night. A fast 5 miler that I finished in 35:20. Toward the end of the run, the shoes started to rub the inside of my foot. The "medial side" I assume. I'm going to chalk it up as my feet getting used to new shoes rather than a poor choice in shoe selection. We'll see tomorrow when my next run is scheduled.
I'm heading to the beach this weekend for a little relaxation. To all my Northern Friends, this is another perk of living in the South. Nice sandy and warm beaches in close proximity. Not to mention the BBQ, sweet tea, mild winters, College Football, and pot luck dinners at church. If all goes as planned I'll be able to train on flat beach roads for the first time in a while. Looking forward to that, but also the grouper, shrimp, and silly rum drinks at Tacky Jacks.

Hope everyone's training is going well. I'm ready for race season. Can't wait to see if all of this hardwork has been worth it. Take care.

4 comments:

ZBUCK said...

Well said my friend. I am actually in the middle of writing a post about how wonderful it is to be southern. I ahve been working on it for a week or so and should have it out soon. I am jealous you are going to the beach. I guess it would be pointless to tell you that I am coming to B'ham to mountain bike at Oak Mountain and invite you to go, like I was going to do today. Anyway, maybe some other time. Have a great trip!

rocketpants said...

Fine, fine...rub it in that it is all nice and warm down south.

But Don't they grow cockroaches to sizes that carry small children away down there? :-)

Crash said...

Sweet Tea! - drink some of that stuff up for me. Enjoy the trip..and the beach..and the rum drinks - nice.

JeffM said...

Umm- fresh shrimp! Have fun and hopefully the shoes cooperate.