Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Training update - 1/18/07

Hello all. Well this week has been tremendously easier than last week. I really needed a break. Here are the stats from last week:

Swim - 3900 meters
Bike - 72 miles
Run - 20 miles

Monday was a designated swim day, but thankfully my gym was closed for MLK Day. So I took the day off (training anyway). Tuesday I was back at the gym for spin class. Wednesday was the toughest. 2200 meters in the pool (200 warm up, 5 x 100's, 10 x 50's, 5 x100's, 10 x 50's) During the second set of 100's I was dying. My form on the 2nd lap was sloppy. Dogs could have swam better than me at that point. I got my second wind on the 2nd set of 50's. I was able to keep my 100's in the 1:36 range and my 50's in the 41 second range. These absolutely wear me out. I ran 5 miles in the afternoon in 35:14. My best time yet.

Today, it'll be hill repeats on the bike. Woohoo! It's sloppy and rainy outside. Gotta love that.

Overall, I'm feeling strong. I'm a little weary about the 1/2 Marathon coming up in a few weeks. I know I can do the distance, but how long is it going to take me? I ran a bit of the course this weekend and it has some incredible hills in it. We'll see how I hold up.

2 comments:

Crash said...

Matt - MAN! your really picking it up. People in tha dirty south better watch the eff out!

JeffM said...

You are picking it up- the half should show it!