Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Rides and Flat Tires

Greetings and salamanders to all. It's freaking gorgeous outside right now. 68-70 degrees and sunny. It's January for crying out loud! I took advantage of this warm snap this morning and met up with some guys from Cahaba Cycles for a 38 mile ride. It's an easy paced ride, but fairly hilly. CMyers met up with us for his first ride in a month. And how did the road treat him after such a long lay off you might ask. Well, about mile five it greeted him with a flat back tire. POW! It sounded like someone had shot his tire out from under him. CMyers wasn't the best at changing flats so some pros took over. After replacing the tube, we found that he not only had a hole in his tube, but also his tire. The tube wouldn't hold any air. Why? I don't know. I'm not well versed in bicycle repair. Well the good guys from Cahaba Cycles called one of their techies to come pick him up. Luckily for CMyers they had a training class going on back at the shop to teach people how to change tires and such. I was told they would be serving coffee and donuts. I also put a hole in my tube so I could join him.
The rest of the ride was easy going. I can't say enough about the weather. I tried to stay in my high gears and spin at a higher cadence to save my legs. Tomorrow we're doing a brick. 20 mile ride and 7.5 mile run. Going to be a good husband now and plant flowers with my wife. Lateskees!

No comments: