Thursday, January 11, 2007

The week so far...

It's been a tough week. As you can see from my post from earlier, my scheduled training is a little more intense than what I've been doing. Tuesday was the toughest. I had an hour long spin class then I bricked a 7 mile run. I was totally wiped out by the time I made it to work. I didn't fuel properly, and the run left me feeling wasted. I had an odd feeling after the run. I couldn't get warm. Now, it was cold out, but not so cold that it would effect me like this. This is an odd experience for me as usually I'm a hot natured person.
The swim yesterday was killer. 200m warm up, 5 x 100m, 10 X 50m, 5 x 100m, 10 x 50m. I was toast after the first set of 10 x 50m. Maybe I pushed it too hard. It felt like I was swimming through peanut butter. I had zero strength left in my arms and chest. It's days like yesterday that remind me that I've got a long way to go.
This morning I completed my 15 sec biking sprints on the hill. They were surprisingly easy, but I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.
Almost finished reading "It's Not About the Bike" by Lance Armstrong. Religiously, Lance is not someone who I'd ever suggest anyone mirroring their life after, but I can't say enough about the guy's ambition and drive. The man went through hell with cancer and fought back like a champion. His work ethic and love of cycling is intriguing and inspirational. I'm still amazed at how he's giving back to the community with his foundation. Very impressive Lance.

2 comments:

Crash said...

Do you feel like your over-training? I do - shit...but the dilemma is I feel that if I'm not training and pushing myself I'll under perform. What to do...I guess I'll go for a run to think about it (I'm kidding...seriously)

JeffM said...

Sounds bad, but by the hill climbs you were ok. Slight overtraining?