Friday, November 10, 2006

Back in the pool

I've had a couple of days of training under the new regime, ala the Coach. The weight training was fairly easy. Toughest part was the core workout, mainly the planks. Today though, I finally made it back into the pool. The new ear plugs worked well. I kept the ole ear drum dry as bone. I did 1100 yards. Wasn't too bad. I mainly focused on my form. I need to work on keeping my head down. This will really help in getting my hips and legs higher in the water resulting in less drag. Overall, I loved it. I could tell I hadn't swam in a while. It was awkward at first, but after a while it all came back. Now if I can just get my endurance back up.
Tomorrow, I'm headed out for a ride in a.m. before heading up to Mt. Cheaha for a little camping trip.

2 comments:

JeffM said...

Have fun camping. It makes an amazing difference with head position. I'm a lot faster when I remember to keep the head down.

Bullet said...

When I drop my head I have trouble breathing. I don't know if I start to panic a little bit, but it just doesn't feel natural. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm back at it tomorrow.