Thursday, November 02, 2006

I've made up my mind

I can't stand it any more. I'm still fighting with this ear infection due to the hole in my ear drum. I haven't been able to swim in a couple of months, and it's killing me. Can't tell you what an animal it makes me feel like to cut through the water and get the laps in. I've gone with out long enough. I've invested in some decent ear plugs. Cover me Johnny, I'm going in. Gotta get the laps in. I'm starting to train next week with my coach, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'm going to miss out on swimming. If I read one more blog about someone else swimming while I'm stuck on the bike or just pounding the pavement, I'm going to go freaking crazy. As for the ear, I'm going to see the doctor on Nov 27th. I'll do my best to keep it clean and dry as recommended, but it's held me back for too long.
Two more days until the Vulcan 10k. Ready to fly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rocketpants said...

Good luck on the 10K this weekend!

Hopefully the ear plugs work wonders, try not to do any damage. I was laughing at your comment about wanting to swim, i think because out of the three disciplines, i like it the least. Best of luck with all that.

ZBUCK said...

I love the analogies in your comment on my blog. The Captain Morgan was classic! Don't worry, I had wings Tuesday night, but no fries. I understand about the eating bad during college football. I told Coach that whatever he said went out the windows on Saturdays in the fall. No further discussion needed! I think he could tell that everything came behind college football, including my health! Good luck with the race!