Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Training Officially Started Today

Met with my coach this morning at 5:30 am for a work out session. We went through the exercises in the gym that he'll want me to perform. I thought it was kinda cool. I definitely had to push myself through some of them. Formerly, my weight training involved big weights with a focus on getting bigger and stronger. I come from a baseball background, which doesn't exactly translate well for triathlons. Over the past three years I've really made a concerted effort to drop the amount of weight that I'm doing and focus on low weights and high reps. I've notice a huge decrease in my weight. This may have something to do with the amount of R/B/S'ing that I've been doing as well. I would say 4 years ago I weighed 209 pounds. Hey, I could compete in the Clydesdale division is races. Now, I'm weighing in at 176. Clothes wise, a big decrease and an even bigger decrease when considering the amount of power needed to push myself on the bike or keep myself afloat in the water.
So, I'm excited about these new work outs. They involve a good deal of body core workouts along with quads and hammys. I never workout my quads and hammys. I thought that's what the bike was for.
Getting pumped. 1/2 IM will be here before I know it.

1 comment:

JeffM said...

33 pounds- that's a big difference!
btw-Fantastic pace in the 10K!