Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back In the US

Made it in from Italy this afternoon (5:00 pm in AL, but 12:00 am in Italy). I'm writing now just to stay awake. I have to go to work in the morning and need to hold off on going to sleep for a while. I've been up for 24 hours now. Will definitely post some pics and stories from the trip. I will tell you that I wish I would have "trained" a little more for this trip. Lauren and I visited Rome and Florence and covered a number of miles each day on foot. We went back to our hotel each day just beat from all the walking. Both cities are easy to walk around to see the sights, so we avoided the buses and subways and opted for walking instead.
Glad to be back in the US though. I loved visiting, but I really enjoy where I am and my routine. Also, it won't bother me at all if I don't see any pasta for a while either. Pass the green beans and black eyed peas please, oh and yes, I would like the big gulp of sweat tea too.
Back into training tomorrow too. No rest for the weary or jet lagged.

No comments: