Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas In Mobile


I've been in Mobile now since Saturday morning. The weather was gorgeous. Sunny and about 70 degrees, until the sun went down. But since then, the temps have been in the 50's and low 60's. Despite the rain on Sunday, I was able to get a run in of 5.5 miles. I took Christmas day off except for a round of golf. According to a local club's website, there was to be a ride leaving this morning at 5:15 so I woke up early to join these guys. It ended up just being 3 of us. I've never ridden much in the dark which as it turned out much of this ride was in. The temp was 43 according to the bank's sign. Not too bad. Mobile is much flatter than Birmingham so I had no trouble on the roads. The pace was a little slower than I usually keep, but it was good to get out and stretch my legs. I was disappointed to find out that the ride wasn't going to be the 28 miler that was advertised, but rather 19 miles. Oh well, just glad to get a ride in. My wife met me at a coffee house for breakfast. It was good to enjoy the morning with her. I didn't realize how much I'd missed our time alone to talk. Going to play a little more golf with the father in law. Here's a pic from yesterday. We're not as weird as this looks, promise. We all decided to put something on that we got for Christmas. Tail winds..


2 comments:

ZBUCK said...

Great picture! I am assuming that is your brother-in-law in all camo? He looks like one of my brothers, who wears camo all the time and his favorite color is "blaze orange." Anyway, great job on taking the initiative to do some training during the Christmas break. You will be ready for that Ironman before you know it!

JeffM said...

You are a true triathlete- training anywhere you go and in the dark and cold!