Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cold, cold morning

I met BGillis this morning at 6:45 for a early morning ride. A cold front moved in over the last day and dropped the temp this morning to 35 degrees. Oooh, it was so cold. I was fine just standing there at the car, but as soon as I got on the bike and started moving the wind just ripped through me. The problem areas were my ears, toes, and worst of all - my fingers. I need to buy better gear I guess. My partner was not "feeling it" today so our pace was a bit slow. We ended up just over 25 miles. I've had a good two weeks of training since coming back from Italy. I can definitely see some improvements in my strength on the hills. Still have some work to do on maintaining a higher speed in the flats.
Overall, training is going well. I just wish it was a little warmer.

1 comment:

JeffM said...

For winter riding I got long gloves and an ear warmer band. I don't have the shoe covers, but people swear by them.