Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cool pic from SI.Com and Travels



Check this pic out. It's from the start of the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Amazing. The water is just white from all the churning. It gets me out of breath just looking at it.

I've only competed in races with staggered starts. Every 5 seconds. Have any of you competed in a race with a mass start? With all the chaos of a staggered start, I can't imagine what it must be like in a mass start. Lots of kicking and grabbing I'm sure. Sometimes I feel like I'm apologizing for the full length of the swim.

I'm headed to Mobile, AL this weekend to see my wife's family. They are great folk. I'm sure I'll be playing a bit of golf, but I'll also find time to train as well. Sunday will be my long run, 9 miles. I found a group to ride with on Tuesday morning. My only beef is that they start at 5:15 am! It's not even light outside yet. I've been wanting to get a ride in down there, so I'll suit up and turn my lights on for this one. Should be fun. Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

JeffM said...

Have a Merry Christmas Matt!
I did the Onion Man in Washington and I ended up hanging back to avoid the crush because I have contacts. But have to get in there and get kicked.
PS- I put in my name for the Alcatraz lottery.

ZBUCK said...

Merry Christmas Matt! Thanks for the comment on my blog, but I think you should definitly make it a goal for yourself. Sure, it is scary, but you just have to have faith in your training. Keep up the good work and travel safely.