Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Doesn't this look good?


Don't know why this is so appealing right now. But wow, how cool would it be to be able to earn this logo. Going to have to settle for a half for now.
So the last couple of days have been really good as far as training goes. Monday I took a much needed day of rest, but was back at it on Tuesday with a 5:45 am spin class followed by a little weight training. Today I did a first, running hill repeats. I have a good sized hill just up the road from my house. I couldn't manage the cold this morning before work so I did them at lunch. I'm lucky in that I live close to work and can get a work out in during my lunch hour (and a half). I told my coach today that I hated them, but also loved them. I felt so good after I was done. Definitely felt like an animal. Overall, I'm loving training. I'm loving how it's changed my energy level and helping me achieve my goals. Tomorrow, hill repeats on the bike. Golden!
If you get the opportunity, check out joepurdy.com. You can listen to all of his albums for free. I'm listening to Sessions from Motor Ave right now. Good stuff.

5 comments:

ZBUCK said...

It looks great!!! I am aiming for the Ironman in 2008. I did my hills this morning at 6:30...freezing. I talked to Coach today also, I cussed him...then thanked him. I will bet that you are further along than I am, and Coach says I will be ready. So, come June, what would you rather be: a Memphis in May finisher or a 1/2 Ironman? Better decide quick, because the starter's pistol fires in Orlando in 163 days!!!

ZBUCK said...

Didn't do the hill repeats this morning. I have moved mine to Saturday because I don't have a hill close enough to my house to get them done before work, and I am not going to ride in the dark. My butt is still sore also, so I am going to swim or run tonight.

rocketpants said...

Nice work!I hated hills at first...and still they make me cranky some days, but they are amazing as far as how they can help one's speed. Keep up the good work.

JeffM said...

I've never done a half and went and decided to do a half and a full this year.
Hill repeats work, but they hurt, so I like just normal hill riding.

Bullet said...

Hurt? oh yes. My butt is still sore. I consider myself fairly active and it's a little shocking to be sore from a work out. Guess I don't work those muscles out much.