Saturday, December 30, 2006

The rain held off!

The last couple of days have been great for training. I took only worked until noon yesterday so I bolted home and strapped on the running shoes. It was gorgeous out. The temp had to be in the mid 60's. I ran 5 miles in 36:55. Not earth shattering, but a good run. As for today, I had a bike ride scheduled, but was unsure about getting it in before the rain came. Luckily, the rain held off. We won't be getting any until tonight. So I took off this morning and got 28 in before meeting the guys for breakfast at Super Sam's (home of the best bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich in the world) I was able to show off my new yellow Team Discovery Jersery. Gotta love eBay.
Tomorrow, we're doing an end of the year brick. The ride will be 20 miles followed by a 7 mile run. Going to start hydrating now. Really looking forward to this, we'll see how my legs handle the transition. I've only done one brick in the past month.

3 comments:

rocketpants said...

Whoohoo! great run. Have fun with the brick tomorrow. Great way to end the year.

JeffM said...

Sounds like a healthy brick- good luck.

Crash said...

Enjoy the Brick - let us know how it goes