Friday, December 15, 2006

Long Week

I've kind of had a love hate thing going on with this week. It's been long and boring due to work, but the nights have been fun with Christmas parties nearly every night. I am ready for a night off though. As for work, I'm almost ready to close the chapter on the year 2006. It's been a successful year so no complaints there, but I've had to start working on production for next year which isn't always fun. It all starts again. Same thing with triathlons, except that I'm stronger and faster -which is pretty freaking cool. Hopefully I'll be able to not suck it up on the run in each race this year. I had some pretty disappointing finishes this past year due to endurance and bonking issues on the run portion. Hopefully, that will not be a problem again.
One good thing of note, I went to the doctor on Monday and my ear was issued a clean bill of health. He suggested that I stay out of the water for another month, but said it wasn't necessary. He was concerned that the ear, while healed, might still be susceptible to getting infected. I'm going to give it until January 1 and then take the plunge. I'm ready.
Does anyone have any preference on brand of Tri Shorts? I have two pair. One is wearing thin and the other rubs me the wrong way. So, before I start the race season I'm going to need to buy some new shorts. Please send me any suggestions.
This weekend includes a 5 mile run (in about 30 minutes), a 2 hour ride and weights tomorrow, and a 9 mile run on Sunday. Here's praying for mild temps and a tail wind. Later.

3 comments:

JeffM said...

I've used the same Zoot suit with little gu pockets on the legs for 2 years now and it isn't wearing thin. My first pair of tri shorts were Geurau and expensive and they wore tin after 6 months.

rocketpants said...

I have a pair of pearl izumi's (although...my opinion being from a female perspective isn't too helfpul i'm sure), but anyway...i DISPISE them. So i'm anti PI's. That's my two cents.

Glad to see your ear is getting better.

ZBUCK said...

I have Zoots, with the pockets, and TYR. I like them both, but I am leaning towards the Zoots.