Friday, December 01, 2006

Oh, I'm hurtin....

My belly is a rumblin. Oh why do I do it to myself? Overeating that is. Some of the guys from the office took off to Dreamland BBQ today for lunch. If you've never been there or heard of it, you're missing out. For the longest time, they only served ribs and sweet tea. Recently, they've branched out to serving side dishes and desserts like banana pudding (oh sweet Jesus).
At Dreamland, you are immediately served a loaf of white bread still in the plastic bag and their secret sauce for dipping. While they are working on your order, you dine on this delicious soft white bread that's been smothered in the sauce. It's a golden time. It's like a foretaste of what's to come. And then, they bring the ribs. (insert heavenly music here) It doesn't take long for them to bring them out, cause they've been cooking for hours. Man they're good! Once they hit the lips, it's soooo good. And this is what gets me. These wonderful ribs and the fluffy white bread just sits in my belly reminding me of what I've done. Oh tummy, why do I torture you?

So I'm thinking ahead to tomorrow's ride. With this wonderful lump of meat and bread in my belly, what's my energy going to be like. Will I throw up at mile 20? Will I bonk on the hills? Well, we'll find out. I may have just set my training back a whole week, but to tell you the truth.. it was worth it.

No comments: